Burnout? You may wonder why would we cover this subject again and again.
Well let’s start with a few questions:
Have you been dragging yourself to work lately?
Do you feel like you’re in a creative rut?
Have you become irritable or impatient with others?
Do you lack satisfaction from your achievements?
Have your sleep habits changed?
Do you find it hard to concentrate?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions you may be burned out.
Burnout is more than mere tiredness, and it goes beyond the ordinary stress of everyday work.
Burnout is characterized by chronic exhaustion and strong feelings of frustration and powerlessness. Those suffering from burnout tend to withdraw emotionally from their work, lose motivation, and become less productive.
We know what the problem is, how can we fix it?
Here are some practical suggestions.
1. Clarify your priorities - Try to set goals for what must be done and what CAN WAIT.
2. Learn to say NO to work - Let your YES mean YES and NO mean NO.
3. Renew yourself - Make time for SUFFICIENT REST and Recreational balance.
4. Seek support - Talk it out with a friend, family member or a person whom you value their opinion.
5. Get some exercise- Regular physical activity can help you to better deal with stress. It can also take your mind off work.
6. SLEEP - Sleep restores well-being and helps protect your health.
7. Practice Mindfulness - Settle in, breathe and be aware.
Did we forget something?
Tell us what do YOU do to cope with burnout?
Please share in our Sisterhood.
It’s GYRL CHAT TYME